Sunday, September 2, 2007

Playing With History

The kids are in a 'Civil War' tangent again! They love to take all the things they have gathered and go outside to set up a Civil War campsite and if Daniel can talk the girls out of the 'kitchen' (a pretend fire and an old pot filled with leaves and acorns and twigs) they do a little battle re-enactment. Well, because of a recent gift of a few pots and some fake food and a treasured spice rack from Lora's son Wesley.... AND because it was actually cooler than 95 degrees outside for the first time in a LONG time.... they headed outside full of ideas. Euri and her trusty camera caught some of the fun (I had to be content to watch through the kitchen window because of never ending dishes to wash!!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilda, We enjoyed spending time with you yesterday. Thank you for the train set. I'm sure Caleb will enjoy it in the near future!
love you,
Valerie M

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see them enjoying the civil war stuff! I just love that kind of play! We must set the date for the campout soon!
Lora

Family W said...

I love all of the blues in that picture. Did you take it with your camera?

Promise Christian Academy said...

Lynn,
this was actually the photo genius of Euri. She is right proud of her photography skills! It will be a motivation for me to impress her with my skills!
Love,
Hilda