Thursday, February 21, 2008

Another Step Back in History...

Our Revolutionary War costumes.....



*The girls dresses were borrowed. we made the hats, my dress and I put together the boys costumes with thrift finds.... a challenge.... a rewarding challenge! Tiring, but I would do it again... we gained more from the experience than we put out! The filming was in a museum.... and old home from the Revolutionary time period. The home has an incredible Civil War history to go along with it. More in a following post....*

4 comments:

Katie said...

Just awesome!! :-) All the costumes turned out so wonderful ~ I can imagine you all had such a wonderful time and learned so much in the process of it all! I can't wait for more posts about it!

Our Family of Five said...

Great pictures Hilda. Did you find the boys hats at thrift stores too.... awesome finds!

Promise Christian Academy said...

Lynn,
I found the hats a about a year ago.. they were round brim and I just sewed up the corners... for $1 each!
Love you,
Hilda

Tracy said...

You guys look AWESOME! Great job!