Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Civil War dress...

Amelia and I have been sewing so much this summer.
We are preparing for several events this fall... not all Civil War, actually! (more on that later) Amelia did need a new long sleeve Civil War dress, here first was button front bodice, which is not entirely accepted by the re-enactment community for a young girl... so we made a button back, yoked dress and I have another cut out and ready to sew up this weekend. I love the beautiful blue! We will post pictures as our projects are completed....
Also, I made myself a wrapper (basically a Civil War housecoat) out of material gifted to Lora.. and she passed it along for me to use. It is a little loud for my taste, but I think it came out pretty enough, you know I like the green. It was a joy to make, like a puzzle. I call it my critical thinking sewing project. We have much more to do, but we are planning and setting aside time and everything is flowing fine. I also made my first bonnet, well besides the common slat bonnet. It is called the 'Lucy Amelia'. I have Amelia's bonnet cut and ready to sew up. I also made this blue homespun... but either I lost weight or my new corset is too tight! I am going to try it with all my petticoats and see if that makes a differences... if not I have some altering to do.....

No comments: