Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New Discoveries

I was out shopping with the kids and came across masking tape... and it dawned on me that I haven't bought masking tape for oh, say... ten years or so. I remembered that it was something that MY mom always kept on hand and I found several good uses for it. I thought... "my kids need to learn the value of having a roll of masking tape on hand"... so I bought a couple rolls. I showed Amelia and said "I bet you don't even know what this is? It is great stuff! It comes in handy for a lot of stuff". Well, about a day and a half later Amelia found a 'use' for our masking tape.... see for yourself.


I think my kids need special guidance on the uses of masking tape!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Hilda,
I love their imagination!
About the books, the biography is by Sharon James. I'm not quite half way through it. I'll let you know how it turns out.
I think I'm going to get the Kempis book, you really have my curiosity up on it. I think if I buy one more book my husbands going to think I'm nuts. I just love to read, I tell him their my friends!

My oldest daughter & her husband are expecting their third child in November, so I'm going to have to get cracking on knitting or crocheting a new blanket. I made one for each of the babies. That will cut into my reading, so I have my work cut out for me. (Not to mention I'm trying to organize my attic before it gets too hot out).
What is going on with you?
Blessings , Lisa

Lisa said...

Hi Hilda, We are cooking up here 95 or better today. PA is such a strange state, we get all extremes of weather. My husband worked in the attic today(of all days)putting down extra flooring for better storage. Since we have pull down stairs we couldn't put the AC on till he finished. I was so hot, yet I'm sure not as hot as he was.
He finished about 1o'clock, now things are nice and cool. It makes me ever so humble, and grateful for 1. A husband who works so hard, 2. AC to cool off and 3. the Lord who is gracious enough to allow me these blessings.
Kaitlyn and I did food shopping, laundry and dinner. Oh, and we had to put our Scottie in a tub of cool water, they don't handle hot weather like this too well, and she had heat stroke on us once before so we weren't taking any chances.
That's about it but I'm pooped all the same.
I hope your having a good week end. What part of the country are you in?
Lisa